Saturday, February 28, 2009

My New Digs

Shhhhh....It's finally Saturday and the staff is sleeping in. My staff is usually up before the chickens during the week, so on Saturday & Sunday mornings it's quite time..shhhhh. But I know a trick to get one of the staff members up really fast. I start banging my tail on the doors and walls and then Walla!! One of the staff is up pronto, of course sometimes with a few choice words, but we won't get into that. The important thing is, now we can get let out and have our breakfast ;o)...Which I may add, is the most important meal of the day...but then so is lunch hmmmmm... the more I think about it, so is dinner! and of course you can't forget the snacks ;o)









My new Digs are being assembled. The staff is laying down the tarp, of course I must supervise making sure the duct tape is straight. I guess earlier the staff was having an disagreement on the color of the tarp, one wanted a brilliant azure blue, the other, a lovely silver color. I thought the azure blue went well with my coloring, so blue it is.

Now I am supervising the actual assembly of "The Whelping Box". "Hey Staff, make sure you get it tight so my little ones don't fall out". This will be my new home for several weeks. It actually has a door and a lovely fence that goes around my new blue yard, which by the way, the staff thinks it will keep me in....I DON'T THINK SO! I have no problem jumping out when I need to, especially when I hear food. I might be a little portly right now, but I still have my agility skills.

Here it is, I guess it will do, but it does need a little furniture, which I guess will be coming later since I was told I am sleeping in here tonight....I DON'T THINK SO! Before I decide I am moving in, I think I need to get the approval of my Golden family.



Looks like they are giving it a real good sniff test. They have to make sure everything checks out and I think they have given it a PAWS UP!

HEY MARIAH, GET AWAY
FROM MY FOOD CONTAINER!
I'll let you know if I move in tonight. Still waiting for the furniture and of course my new bowls, gotta have all new stuff..ya know.
Have a good one!
Rio, The Black Lab

No comments:

Post a Comment